Yes I've been a bad blogger, ages since last update - but it IS school hols, I haven't been making much and...well, no more excuses :)
After the Open Studios I've been having a ponder about what's next really, and come to the conclusion that while smithing is all well and good, and I do want to carry on producing silver pieces, it was my beaded stuff that sold best - therefore (NEWSFLASH) I AM RE-EMBRACING MY INNER BEADER.
Yes, I know. Dramatic stuff.
I've got so much bead stock from 'the old days' including wondrous lampwork by Laura Sparling and Izzy Anderson as well as TONS of semi-precious stones and pearls, it's sitting there waiting for inspiration.
Also, and can't believe I've only just found it, but there's a wonderful range of stuff from Hilary Milne, at beadsite.co.uk - fabulous ceramic beads coated in bronze, copper, fine silver and 24k gold - they look amazing and I can't wait to get cracking with them (will post some pics when their server's working again!)...will be able to get some done tomorrow so watch the site for more.


So I can keep the two strands of my jewellery separate, I'm lauching the beaded pieces under a new name/brand/company, so keep an eye out or join the mailing list at code to be updated when things are set up - I promise a huge range of all things spangly and shiny, suited to everyone's pockets and tastes HURRAH!!

No comments:
Post a Comment